Interview with Martin Brück
Martin Brück, Managing Director of APT advanced polymer tubing, a corporate brand of the Masterflex Group in Interview.
In your opinion, what are currently the biggest challenges for painting companies and job-shop coaters?
- "Best-in-Class" quality and economical production in equal measure to meet the cost pressure on raw materials and energy as well as from the customer side.
- Quality and performance standards of globally operating companies
- Exploiting market potential in established markets
- Lack of qualified personnel
From your standpoint, what are the best ways to optimize coating processes?
- Material and raw material specifications to achieve a sustainable quality standard
- Close relationships with customers and suppliers to jointly master challenges with extended expertise
- Use high-quality materials, especially in the area of product and colour changes, to achieve efficient and sustainable coatings
- Ensure high safety standards such as electrical conductivity
What trends are emerging in your area of industrial painting technology?
- Expansion in growth regions
- Automation (e.g. use of painting robots)
- "Smart products" such as high-performance hoses that are 100% measured inside and outside and indicate replacement or maintenance intervals
- Product labelling for improved traceability and quality control
What developments/solutions does your company offer for these trends?
- High quality controls e.g. online X-ray measurement control for tightest tolerances in inner and outer diameter (pigging technique)
- Customized laser marking for high performance tubing without reduction of power
- Digitized hoses and connection systems (e.g. AMPIUS® technology from Masterflex)
- Focus even stronger on customers through improved logistics and global presence
What significance does PaintExpo have for your company?
- Increase awareness of APT advanced polymer tubing
- Establish new contacts and develop existing contacts
- Update and exchange on new technologies