Interview with Achim Trefz
Achim Trefz, Sales / Product Management, Industry / Automation, SATA GmbH & Co. KG in Interview.
In your opinion, what are currently the biggest challenges for painting companies and job-shop coaters?
- The complexity of the components to be coated, like, for example, internal coatings
- Finding a useful and necessary degree of automation
- Challenges to ensure consistent surface quality
- Optimization of the painting process regarding application efficiencies, drying processes and VOC reduction in consideration of economic aspects
From your standpoint, what are the best ways to optimize coating processes?
- Ensuring the process and repeat accuracy for automated coatings
- Close cooperation between the application equipment manufacturers, paint manufacturers and customers to ensure the best possible interaction between the chemistry of the coating material and the application equipment
What trends are emerging in your area of industrial painting technology?
- A trend towards customised solutions especially for internal coatings or the coating of hollow shapes
- Application of adhesives and interior components with a sophisticated surface quality
What developments/solutions does your company offer for these trends?
- Nozzle systems for highest surface quality, extensions for automatic spray guns
- A high level of experience to face the manifold coating challenges in the industry
What significance does PaintExpo have for your company?
- In the area of industrial painting technology, the PaintExpo represents an unique platform for users and manufacturers to obtain the best possible overview on developments, ideas and latest technologies. For us, the trade fair offers the opportunity to make personal contact and address potential customers at home and abroad.